Traffic impact studies are prepared for clients seeking approval to construct or expand facilities. These specialized studies predict the impact a certain type and size of development will have on the surrounding transportation system. These studies may be required by municipalities or counties in order to obtain review board approval. In addition, we also review applicants traffic impact studies on behalf of municipalities. Being able to work for both private and government clients enables us to better serve our clients by knowing the type of services that will be needed.
Our traffic impact studies generally consist of the following scope of services:
- Visiting the site to observe existing traffic conditions.
- Obtain traffic counts to determine the existing traffic volumes at critical locations.
- Obtain accident history data to determine if there are any existing traffic safety issues.
- Determine if parking and on-site circulation are adequate.
- Offer recommendations of possible improvements to minimize impacts from traffic.
- Prepare a written report suitable for submission to the review board.
- Provide expert testimony at board meetings to answer the board's and the community's questions as it relates to traffic engineering matters.